Last year got us all by surprise. And although billions of people around the world have slowly tuned in to the new normal, it just can’t go unnoticed that the global economy has come to a halt, a significant financial crisis is luring ahead, and banks are frantically shuffling money.
So, who’s silently cheering watching their businesses grow? Cryptocurrency traders and affiliate marketers, of course.
That’s why today we’re bringing you the ultimate guide to running cryptocurrency offers with affiliate marketing in 2021.
Read on and watch your profits grow!
What is the crypto vertical in affiliate marketing?
In order to explain what the crypto vertical in affiliate marketing is, first of all, we need to explain what the and hype is all about. To do just that, let us go back to 2010 when the cryptocurrency bubble first appeared… oh wait, of course you know that already.
Because who doesn’t know what bitcoin and cryptocurrency mean after Tesla has just bought $1.5 billion worth of bitcoin and Elon Musk has sort of contributed to raising the prices of cryptocurrencies (again!), by simply tweeting about it.
So, what does the world of big-tech have to do with affiliate marketing?
The crypto vertical in affiliate marketing consists of offers promoting a wide range of cryptocurrency-related products. Despite the volatility of the cryptocurrency markets, the number of crypto affiliate niches continues to grow.
And given how 2020 and the coronavirus pandemic has sped up the digital revolution, the demand for crypto-related products is bigger than ever.
Such products, which can be then categorized into various smaller niches, range from offers promoting businesses trading cryptocurrencies, the ones using cryptocurrencies as payment or reward methods (online casinos or adult sites), as well as offers promoting content focused on educating people about the cryptocurrencies systems and how these work.
Crypto vertical includes affiliate offers related to:
︎ cryptocurrency exchange
︎ cryptocurrency brokerage
︎ online retail
︎ online gambling and casinos
︎ adult entertainment and dating sites
To put it simply — the crypto vertical in affiliate marketing includes anything that’s even remotely connected to the world of blockchain systems and various cryptocurrencies. And that’s a perfect opportunity for all affiliates out there to make money promoting blockchain, bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrencies-related affiliate offers.
Is running crypto vertical offers worth it in 2021?
Given that bitcoin (along with various other cryptocurrencies) is the fastest-growing asset on the market at the moment, and it has been drawing the attention of both big tech and big financial institutions for some time now, the answer is… Yes, it most definitely is!
Also, here are a few big names that have quite seriously approached the subject of jumping onto the cryptocurrency bandwagon, too.
If these guys think it’s worth the hassle, shouldn’t we all?
How to choose crypto offers that convert?
That’s why choosing the right offer is one of the most important steps for marketers who decide to focus on promoting the crypto vertical.
1. First, affiliates need to understand the differences between various offers and what they’re actually selling.
2. Next, they need to find a crypto affiliate program or network that fits the advertiser’s individual needs and goals, as well as provides offers that comply with the traffic sources policy guidelines.
3. Advertisers also need to make sure to ask their affiliate network’s or program’s representatives about the offer funnel, payout models, or restrictions. These may be crucial to the success of one’s campaigns.
To help you navigate through the various schemes, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular types of affiliate offers relating to the crypto niche.
Get Rich Quick
Such offers usually deal with cryptocurrency exchange or brokerage and capitalize on promising quick profits. In this case, affiliates often promote links to crypto-platforms in order to generate demand or get users to make a deposit. Be careful, though, and avoid making any false, aggressive, or unrealistic claims.
Learn How To Get Rich Quick
Crypto platforms often offer other crypto-related products, too. These often include crypto trading and analysis tools, training courses, educational materials, webinars, eBooks, etc. Such an angle seems like a safe type of crypto offers as long as your ads comply with the ad network rules and given GEOs regulations.
There’s a number of tools and applications meant to help people in the crypto-industry monitor and react quickly to the ever-changing trends. Or automize the work for them, thus making crypto-trader rich… quick.
The retail businesses that accept cryptocurrency as payment methods may also be promoted within the crypto vertical. With the increasing adoption of cryptocurrencies into the mainstream financial system, the number of these online retail businesses will only increase in the future.
Online gambling and casinos
Similar to the first case, online gambling and casino businesses that deal with cryptocurrency would usually promise a chance of quick profit and an opportunity to capitalize on that… as well as the thrill of the gamble.
Adult entertainment and dating sites
It’s not news that some people would rather stay anonymous when purchasing or engaging with adult entertainment websites and products. And crypto-payments offer exactly that.
List of affiliate programs with crypto offers. [OFFER WALL]
The next question every clever affiliate advertiser should ask is obviously where to get such offers from — and once again we come to the rescue.
Always start with researching the market and analyzing various options available.
If you’re already signed up to various affiliate networks, and the inventory includes crypto offers, then you’re good to go. Still, make sure you ask your network representative or support team whether they’re able to provide you with top trending offers.
Identifying top crypto affiliate programs or sites also shouldn’t be too difficult. Just go online and find out what crypto sites receive the most users. Then, sign up for a direct affiliate program with crypto offers, or go back and get a crypto offer from an affiliate network of your choice.
But if you’re a Zeropark customer, it gets even simpler.
All you need to do is have a look at our Offer Wall project bringing top offers with exclusive deals for all affiliates using our self-serve ad network.
Examples include industry-leading affiliate programs and networks such as:
- Cactus Media
- ROI Collective
Also, as we continue to expand the Offer Wall’s partnerships, we’d recommend checking it regularly for the latest networks available. Just log into your account and check what Offer Wall has in store for you.
Where do crypto offers perform best? [TOP GEOs]
When it comes to targeting GEOs where the crypto vertical is currently trending, remember to rely on up-to-date information only. This variable tends to fluctuate a lot, and what’s a top location this month, may not be the best in the next one.
Still, we’re able to identify areas showing strong or stable performance for the crypto niche. Let’s have a look at the following regions and what works best for each.
Tier 1 countries
Countries like the US, CA, AU, and some European countries, for example, UK, FR, IT, PT, and DE with NT are up for grabs when it comes to all niches included in crypto offers.
Tier 2 countries
Countries usually assigned to the second tier, like SE, PT, PL, RU, GR, SG, JP, MY, ZA, HK are in the game, too.
Tier 3 countries
Though it may seem odd for some people, well-experienced marketers know that targeting tier 3 countries may equal hitting the jackpot.
Both the APAC region and the African countries of the EMEA sector are holding a big potential of becoming large and very attractive markets for the crypto vertical. Top GEOs from Tier 3 countries are: BR, CL, TH, KZ, MX, ID
NOTE: In order to find out what GEOs perform best at a given time, always contact your affiliate networks and traffic sources for most up-to-date data.
How to advertise crypto offers for maximum profits? [AD FORMATS]
There is no golden rule as to which traffic type is ultimately the best. As always, it depends on the advertiser’s experience, given offer, whether ad creatives or pre-landers are required, as well as targeting and optimization choices. Season trends are also a factor to consider. Still, there are a few handy tips to consider.
If you’re only a beginner affiliate, run pop ads.
Pop ads are always recommended for less experienced advertisers. It’s been on the market for almost 30 years and it’s still rocking.
- Easy to run and optimize.
- No creatives are required.
- You may use your own pre-landers, but they’re not necessary.
- Usually, you get a landing page with an offer.
- There’s lots of traffic to test.
- Pop ads are cheap.
- This means you can spend more on testing and optimizing.
- There’s a lot of helpful content and tips on the subject.
Already experienced? Try domain redirect ads.
Domain redirect, or zero-click traffic, is based on keyword matching. Its targeting is more precise but submitting the right keywords is crucial for the campaign’s success.
- It’s not as cheap as pop ads but it converts really well.
- Broad or exact keyword matching allows for targeting users who are interested in a given product or service.
- Users are redirected to your ad as soon as they enter a parked domain URL.
- No ad creatives are required but pre-landers are recommended.
- Lots of inventory to test and buy when scaling.
Push traffic works great, but be ready to put some work into it.
Push and in-page push ads are a great choice for crypto offers. Users are delivered your message straight to their devices in a native, non-intrusive, user-friendly, and highly-engaging way. Isn’t that the best way for advertisers to connect to their audience? Other benefits of running push ads are:
- A bit higher prices in return for some great CTR and CR.
- Ad creatives are required, but they’re quick and easy to assemble.
- Push ads work as interactive messages delivered directly to users’ mobile or desktop devices even when they’re not actively engaging with them.
- High engagement rates leading to more conversions.
- In-page push ads give advertisers a chance to target iOS users.
Desktop or mobile traffic? which converts best?
Both pop and domain redirect ads bring more conversions when run with desktop. This is quite typical for this kind of traffic but with the growing adoption of mobile traffic, do check what’s currently trending before launching your campaigns.
Zeropark’s platform data also prove mobile traffic to be predominant for the crypto vertical on push ads. Similarly to the gambling vertical, to answer the mobile-driven demand and the rapidly growing adoption of mobile devices, adjustments were made for the previously desktop-only services. This allowed mobile to take reign and become win over desktop traffic.
NOTE: The device split may vary depending on your campaign’s offer, set up, GEO, or other targeting options. Always check with support teams what works best for you.
Targeting tips for scaling your crypto campaigns.
As with every campaign, making the targeting choices is crucial for the campaign’s success. However, it’s not about following the same pattern at all times. Each vertical, offer, or campaign requires an individual approach. Still, there are a few universal rules that can help affiliates make the best choice for your crypto campaigns.
Ask yourself what’s your budget. Remember to include the testing budget, the campaign’s daily budget, and the total budget. Check what’s your offer payout and if you’re not sure how to calculate it yourself, then ask the affiliate networks’ representatives or us!
The same goes for setting up the bids. Though the platform suggests minimal amounts, always check with the traffic source for current GEO, source, or target rates.
Again, there are some general trends as to where a given vertical tends to perform well. These can change with time. Ask Zeropark representatives for the most up-to-date information or try to run broad campaigns with historically proven GEOs.
As always, do not forget the difference between mainstream and adult targeting. As per Zeropark’s campaign guidelines specified for each ad format, certain rules and regulations need to be followed.
That’s why, if your offer, a landing page, or ad creatives feature elements considered inappropriate for the mainstream audience (according to the campaign’s guidelines) then such campaigns will be rejected by our compliance team and will not run.
That means no chance of making profit. In order to avoid such a situation, make sure your campaigns comply with the restrictions and have the right targeting enabled.
Frequency Filtering & Day-Parting
- If you’re running broad campaigns…
- Don’t have much experience…
- You’re only testing…
… then leave the default settings and target it all. Otherwise, you’d risk cutting yourself from potentially profitable traffic. Test, analyze, and only then decide whether to get more granular.
Frequency filtering and day-parting may be a very useful option, but only at a later stage for campaigns that are meant to target narrowly.
Device and OS targeting
As for the device split, remember to check what performs best for your offer. Also, do not block yourself from receiving potential conversions by limiting OSes and OS versions. Start broad and only then cut the under-performers.
Once you’ll get a sense of what’s working best for you, you’ll be able to set up RBOs. This will save you time and energy constantly monitoring the performance of your campaigns and have the platform react quickly if something goes wrong… or good!
Advanced optimization hacks for the crypto niche offers.
The moment advertisers launch their campaigns is just the beginning, though. The hard part is still to come as now the key to success is to find the most profitable combination, and then keep it going for as long as possible. Here are a few advanced optimization hacks for your crypto vertical ad campaigns.
- Launch broad campaigns first — choose RON targeting to get all traffic coming from a selected country. In this way, you’ll be able to identify top-performing sources for your campaigns.
- Whitelists are great, but only if you know when and how to use them. Also, they work best if prepared for a specific campaign targeting options you need to identify first.
- If you’re interested in several GEOs, launch separate campaigns.
- Check what day-parting works best for your campaigns and adjust accordingly. But do not do that while testing! It’s recommended only for a much later phase and if much distinctive.
- If you’re low on traffic volumes, try broader targeting.
- Don’t forget to optimize your crypto campaigns per browser and OS versions. Be careful not to cut yourself from profitable traffic, just as with day-parting.
- New campaigns usually need to buy traffic a bit faster to get the testing done. The more data you gather, the sooner you’re able to start scaling.
- Then, play with your bids per given source. Keep adjusting and optimizing your top sources to fight market saturation.
- If your CTRs are relatively high but you’re not buying enough traffic — bid up!
- Always raise your bids over the average amount to win traffic.
- If you’re spending too fast, but the CTR is satisfying, then lower your bid or increase the ad frequency.
Cryptocurrency offers marketing ideas. [EXAMPLES]
After all the hassle of finding the right offer and planning your marketing strategy is done, there’s yet another thing to be remembered. The visual side of things.
Affiliates often ask if pre-landing or customized landing pages are actually necessary, and the answer is no. But some people have been asking a slightly different question, they’ve been asking if using pre-landers or dedicated landing pages in their campaigns increases the conversion rates. The answer is yes.
Using pre-landers and/or customized landing pages is not necessary but much recommended practice to ensure that users who enter the offer page are actually motivated to leave their data.
DO tips for well-converting landing pages:
- Always add them to your campaign’s flow.
- Use them to show or explain the offered product/service/benefits. Add an FAQ section!
- Help a user convert — simply explain the steps to getting what your ads offer.
- It’s a good moment to ensure users about the safety of engaging with your offer, especially with the crypto vertical.
- Explain all the benefits, payment options, legal regulation, privacy issues — anything relevant to the crypto offer you’re making. Show users there’s nothing to fear.
- Add credibility to your offer by including reviews, FAQs, testimonials, or charts with data!
- Include all needed disclaimers and risk warnings.
Tips for higher CTR
When it comes to advertising ideas for crypto campaigns, the best tips are actually the universal ones for all push or native creatives. Also to be used with landing pages.
- Numbers sell. Using numbers, stats, values, facts, data backing up your point.
- Emojis tell stories. As often repeated with push ad creatives — don’t forget emojis!
- Testimonials help. Information about people who scored/won, their success stories, or how much they’d made will always rise interest.
- FOMO’s real. Tell your audience how much others made, how many people are in the game, and how much they can make if they dare.
- Be authentic. Real images work better than cartoons but well-designed and professional-looking visuals work for landers, too. With push ads, simple icons work best.
- Don’t use aggressive imagery. Too much money and too lavish a lifestyle don’t seem too credible. Don’t overdo it. Plus aggressive images tend to be against many platform’s policies.
- Ladies first. Yes, images of women holding money or showing luxuries sell better than men doing the same things.
- Dream a little. Luxurious lifestyle, car, money, clothes, good-looking men and women are sure to get anyone’s attention!
- Give them a sneak peek. Preview what awaits users if they engage further (in terms of landers).
- Show them the money. Let’s be honest, we’re all in it for money. If people don’t see it, your ad may go unnoticed.
- Clock’s ticking. Create a sense of urgency and prompt users into taking action. Also, show them the action can be swift and convenient!
- Challenge your audience. Show them you believe in their luck or skills and help them take the risk.
The DOs and DON’Ts of running crypto vertical campaigns.
If you’re only starting in affiliate marketing, a bit of research on the industry’s DOs and DON’Ts is always recommended. Have a look and give it a thought.
︎ THE DOs
- Choose the right vertical for the beginning.
- Learn as much as you can about it — sign up to the community forums, read the industry blog articles, hop on the onboarding calls.
- Choose pop traffic to start with.
- Start broad — run RON campaigns first.
- Set up your first campaign in Zeropark.
- Make sure if you need ad creatives or pre-landers.
- Use traffic source targeting recommendations.
- Ask for a whitelist.
- Burn your budget on testing.
- Check back on your campaign and analyze its performance.
- Optimize — adjust bids, pause or delete sources, bid on top-performing placements.
- Ask for help if you are not sure how to do that or facing issues.
- Identify the top-performing setup.
- Get more granular — move to Source or Target campaigns.
- Repeat the steps.
- Run campaigns that convert!
- Don’t choose a very narrow niche or angle to start with.
- Don’t jump into running campaigns you’ve got no idea about.
- Don’t choose the highest payout offers — they’re way too complicated for you at this point.
- Don’t start with the most expensive traffic.
- Don’t start with narrow targeting, you’ll cut yourself from potential sources.
- Don’t start your affiliate ventures with traffic sources you know nothing about.
- Don’t skip on preparing necessary assets for your campaigns. It won’t save you time or money in the long run.
- Don’t make hasty or ill-considered targeting decisions for your campaigns.
- Don’t try to save money on the testing phase.
- Don’t neglect to track your ad’s performance.
- Don’t just leave your campaigns hoping conversions will come to you freely.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help or support.
- Don’t move to more granular targeting if testing’s unfinished.
- Don’t repeat the mistakes.
- Don’t give up if your first campaign isn’t an overnight success!
Cryptocurrency and blockchain have been buzzwords for a long time, but last year made them more material than ever. Even though the digital world has witnessed many ups and downs of the crypto-industry (and some say there are many more to come) the business is said to keep on growing and evolving nevertheless.
Still, what’s most important for affiliate marketers is that even though the crypto market may be volatile, the crypto advertising industry isn’t prone to such drastic changes.
This makes the crypto vertical a very lucrative niche for affiliate marketers, indeed.
The post Affiliate Marketing Guide to Crypto Vertical in 2021 appeared first on Zeropark Blog.
This content was originally published here.